Sunday, August 29, 2010

A few finished projects

I think I'm going to go in reverse order, from newest to oldest. Mostly because I am looking for an excuse to show off my new shawl.

Before I dive into photos I wanted to note that I am almost finished with the Reid's Romper pattern. I've been working on the pattern for many months now (with a big break in the middle) but I think I am finally ready to work with some testers and hash out the final details.

It took me about 4 days to knit this up, gotta love worsted weight yarn ;)
When the yarn came in the mail I just knew I had to make something for myself. Amazingly soft organic merino was just begging to be a shawl. The colorway is called Gypsy Love and it was dyed by Becoming Art.



The pattern is my own pattern which (typical) I did not write down. It has such a long wingspan that it was really difficult to photograph. The only place I found big enough was the patio floor.
It was so nice wrapping myself in my new cozy shawl tonight.



Then there was the custom knit of some overalls. The colorway is Coastal Sunset, probably one of my all time favorite colorways and I am just a touch sad that I don't get to keep the yarn. But given the size of my exploding stash its probably a good thing that it is going to a new loving home.



No comments:

Post a Comment