Friday, September 23, 2011

Had an electrician over today to give me a quote regarding getting a power hook up at the shed in our back yard. I would love to have my own dedicated studio space, the garage is very spacious and set up nicely for me, but it is also our storage space and I just don't want to share a room with our camping gear and tools. The garage studio gets the job done very well, but I want to feel inspired. I want to have beautiful art and painted walls. I want to make it mine.

I've been dyeing up a storm the last few days. Life is back into a routine and I now have a lot of time in the day for dyeing. I got all of my customs out of the way and even managed to dye lots of new colorways for the store. I'm working on a new sock yarn line, should be awesome once I'm finished. I'm using an over-dyeing technique to get some really cool color effects.

The last few customs had all asked for red (must be time that of year!) I have to admit red is my least favorite dye to work with. Its so finicky and I feel like I have to baby it every step of the way.

Here's one of the colorways, called 'Pacific Holiday'.

No comments:

Post a Comment