Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pixie Boys

I have been making an effort to knit down my Japanese yarn stash I brought back home.
Hopefully I will soon have the time to write about the remainder of our trip.

Today I knit the boys some hats <3

The yarn is a lovely bulky single ply wool, with only 40 stitches at cast on I was able to get the hats done in about 3 hours. 
The yarn is really fun. I got it at Avril in Kyoto. The shop was really funky and I hope to upload photos soon. The best part was that they had a huge selection of novelty yarns with the idea that they can ply together multiple strands. As I am not a big fan of novelty yarns I chose to go with something quite subtle. I had them ply the wool with a thin thread of white that has teeny tiny balls of in. Hopefully the photos have enough detail to show that off.



1 comment:

  1. Cute! Can't wait to see the photos. They would ply the wool for you? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete