Sunday, March 4, 2012

Portland Yarn Crawl 2012

Yesterday I had the privilege of having a trunk show at Wynona Studios . I first met JJ at Sock Summit last year, she approached me to talk about consigning some of my yarn at her shop. I instantly liked her, she was so kind and friendly and disarming. I was really stressed at my first show and it made me feel so amazing to have a store owner think that my yarn is awesome!
I think her shop is one of my favorites, mainly because I already have all the yarn in the world, but I can still find all kinds of goodies that I wouldn't be able to find in a conventional yarn store. The space itself is very open and bright, the overhead skylight really lights up the place even on a dreary day. There are lots of sofas to sit on and relax, and with a coffee shop right next door I know I could spend the whole day there (as I saw many patrons do yesterday!).


She also has an impressive button collection, lately I've been on a big button kick and I find it so relaxing to dig through jars filled with color coordinated buttons.


The crawl itself went without a hitch. I saw lots and lots and lots of people. I even met someone who lives two blocks down the road from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment