Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rustic Rambouillet

I wanted to spruce up (and brand) Mountain Meadow Rambouillet. After knitting with this yarn base for over five years I am still convinced that it is one of the best worsted weight yarns out there. I wouldn't try to do fine lace with it. But it's definitely the front runner for anything warn, cozy, and sturdy. I have a sweater I made for Elliot that now has been passed down to Reid, and I swear the sweater gets better with age. I have never had issues machine washing my Rambouillet (still wash at your own risk!!!) over time the knitting becomes more dense, but not enough to call it felting. And certainly not enough to alter the size and fit.
I seem to have misplaced the photos of Elliot in the sweater. I'll have to update the post once I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment