Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Playing catch up

Naughty me forgot to take my laptop along this Monday and so I missed my regularly scheduled Monday morning blog updates.

I've have been knee deep in pattern design and yarn dyeing. I had a really fun time doing a custom job for my auction winner. She settled on bright red, turquoise, brown, orange, pink and white. I did a shorter than normal color repeat to help reduce pooling. I really hope she likes it!


But because of the custom work and other little things (such as horrible tangled skeins that took hours to untangle) I did not get a chance to dye up as much yarn as I was hoping to for tomorrow's stocking. Plus the battery on my scale ran out of juice and I couldn't prep any more yarn.
I must have been in a very green mood as I've realized that 3/4 of the stuff I have listed has some form of green in it!

I am especially fond of my silk skeins. I actually carry the yarn around and pat it every once in a while. I might be addicted to luxury yarns.

'Emerald City'


No comments:

Post a Comment